Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bread Sticks & Pizza Crust

These are a breadstick recipe that my friend Sara Peterson gave me (yes some of you terrace girls know her) they are super soft and flavorful but kind of dry 3 days later. :)
Parmesan Breadsticks
1Tbsp Yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 C. warm water
let those proof in the mixing bowl for 5 minutes.
add- 1/2 tsp salt
         3 C. flour
Knead together for 3 minutes. let it rise for 10-15 minutes while you melt 1 cube of butter. Pour 1/2 the cube in the bottom of a cookie sheet and spread it evenly.  Roll out the dough into the shape of the pan (it is really sticky use flour). Now pour the other 1/2 of the butter cube onto the breadsticks. Sprinkle with garlic salt, parmesan (fresh is best but grated is fine), and some italian seasoning. let it rise for another 15-20 minutes then bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown.

Now how did i do the pizza crust??? I used the same recipe minus the seasonings on the top and spread it out into 2 cookies sheets not 1 (I forgot to let it rise in the pan after it was spread out too, and they turned out great) I used the butter under the crust, but next time i might use corn meal to make it a little healthier! but we will have to see my mood on that day. I forgot to time the pizza so i am not sure the time difference :) Scott LOVED LOVED LOVED it as a pizza crust. My daughter who previously has not been happy with my crusts liked this one so it past the family test (we ate an entire pan plus some from the other)

1 comments:

Keri said...

mmmm, can't wait to try this!!