Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Foodie Friday: Orange Granola

So I figured for my weekly contribution, I would post a little something-something that would make us feel a little bit better, especially after so many good yummy treats.  I discovered granola about a year or two ago, and the stuff does not last in our house.  I love the Orange & the little extras in this granola-very fullfilling.

Orange Granola


I wanted to keep this granola very simple & I wanted the granola to have mucho orange flavor.


I made up a orange simple syrup that I would use as the liquid ingredient to combine the dry ingredients.


I added Oatmeal, Shredded Coconut {because my husband & I like the added crunch & texture}, and Golden Raisens {because that's what I had in my pantry}.  If I had some almonds, I think I would have added that to the bunch.


I threw everything on a greased baking sheet and baked it for about an hour.  I made sure to mix it up every 15-20 minutes to keep it from sticking.


I love eating this with some Vanilla Yogurt for breakfast {or Midnight snack}; it's a great way to start off the day.


1 comments:

Jill said...

Mmm, you read my mind. I'm wanting to make granola--and orange granola--delish! Thanks for linking it a printable format as well!