Thursday, July 14, 2011

Capri-Sun Pouch


So i have saved tons of capri sun pouches and I have been wanting to make something out of them but we have about a MILLION bags so i didn't want to make another bag. I do need a card pouch for in my purse though. I always have tons of the buy 10 get 1 free cards cause i am cheap and try to save money any where i can so if they offer a card i always take 1. This pouch is big enough to hold my cards and fit in my purse or diaper bag and some of my pants pockets. 

clean the insides of your pouches by slitting the end and washing them out
sew 2  pouches together by laying them over lapping the end of each other and zig zag them together. i looked to make sure when i folded the top down they would all be upright but when i make it again i will have to check how that lay out is cause i can't remember it myself (ohh how nifty the picture shows how to lay it i guess picture do help us remember things) the pouch that is closest to us in the picture is the one you will be rounding the edge of for the fold over top. just follow the outside of the light purple part. 

next sew the velcro onto both places so you will be able to fasten it closed. (the other one is on the inside of the silver part (i haven't sewn it on yet) Fold the bottom up 4 inches and stitch the sides to make the pouch 


I sewed around the fold over top to keep the 2 sides together. This is it done it was super easy and fun to make i will be making ones for my kids and possibly some to sell. (if i can get my sewing machine fixed or I will just buy a new one) 

So this post was featured 2 times!! one at One Crazy Cookie (click to check it out) and the other Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy. click on the button to see that feature. 

5 comments:

Tiffanee said...

What a super fun and cute idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Tiffanee said...

Featuring this in my Friday Finds post. LInking it directly to you!! Thanks!!

Mooners said...

YAY!! thanks I will totally check it out cause i LOVE your blog too

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

Lol...I knew which link was yours right off the bat! I love this!

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

Thanks for linking up to my party! You've been featured, so stop by and grab a brag button! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/sew-awesome-kiddie-creations-from.html
~Macy