Friday, July 8, 2011

My Pantry Door...

My pantry door....ugh...is hideously ugly...with a capital U G L Y!!! It's really not it's fault. That poor pantry door. It has just not been taken very well care of....by...ahem...me...=/


My house is a very much "work in progress" kind of house. I dream of the day when our money tree blooms and I can just do it all...and not piece by piece. So the pantry door has been a long time comin'! And by the way...I pretty much ignore that phrase "keep it simple." Oh I try to live it, but let's be honest...I just love to make my life complicated =)


So, here is the before.... And here is the after....oh yeah...I totally whipped out the chalkboard paint!


I have been itching to do something in chalkboard paint, and originally was going to paint this red, but then my hot sidekick mentioned he thought it would be really shnazzy to do it with chalkboard paint...and I totally jumped all over that idea! I got the paint at Lowe's and it was about $15 for a quart. It took about 3 coats, but I think it was WELL worth it. And there is a super ton of paint left...

Ok, so do you not just LOVE this handle???? I STILL like to look at it and sigh....sigh...

I got this at Lowe's too and now Matt and I have decided to put them on all of our door's....one at a time unfortunately (remember...our money tree hasn't bloomed yet)

And then my kids got a hold of the chalk...and for the record, I totally did not tell them to write this. They are just sweet like that.
They LOVE it!

And yes, I wrote a very "large" to-do list for my man. He tends to forget things and I really needed him to remember to pick up the kids and fix dinner while I was at work. Are any one else's husband's forgetful like mine???

So whip out that chalkboard paint and make something exciting!

3 comments:

Mooners said...

Okay so you mention me in like every post i am starting to get a complex and i dont think it is a good one. :) This one you dont say anything about me in the post but we are in your husbands to do list :)

The Swapp's said...

This is so on my list of things to do to my new house... when i get this one sold. I love this idea, so sute

Milliscent Morgan said...

This blog really awesome for the information of it regarding on pantry doors. Keep writing and posting at the same time. Nice work!