Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

 What is more refreshing on a warm summer's day than a tall glass of cold lemonade?  Not much, but these come close.  I was blog hopping one day and came across these oh-so-yummy cupcakes.  I found the original at That's so Michelle.   I have been trying to stay away from chocolate lately (step 1 in getting away from too many sweets, next step will be the other stuff =)  )I still have to have my desserts though so I wanted something with no chocolate but something that could satisfy my sweet tooth.  Boy oh Boy!  These sure did!  They are nice and sweet with a bit of tartness.  Plus, they are super easy!!!!  Not much more to them than regular cupcakes.  I was excited that my frosting actually stayed in place.  For some reason, I can never get frosting to thicken up the way I want it to.  I don't like it to taste like powdered sugar so I try to minimize it, but it's tough trying to find things to add in that add structure and flavor....so if anyone has any suggestions or good frostings without a ton of powdered sugar, hook me up!  Anyway....you should whip up batch of these!  These would be perfect for a baby shower too =)



Cupcakes
1 box white cake mix
3/4 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3 drops of red or pink food coloring(optional)


Frosting
2-3 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 c butter (room temperature
1/4 c. shortening
3 tbsp frozen pink lemonade concentrate
Pinch of salt



Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake pan with liners. Combine all of the ingredients and mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Divide the batter evenly, filling the liners about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
Combine all frosting ingredients in an electric mixer on a low speed until combined.  Whip on medium-high until light and fluffy.  Spread on cupcakes and enjoy!!


0 comments: