Saturday, July 2, 2011

Strawberry Soup



What in the world is strawberry soup?  I asked myself the same question.  I had never heard of it before.  I've heard of strawberry salads, but not soup.  We had one of our followers, Kristy, make a request for it.  So, Teresa and I searched the wonderful world wide web to find this recipe.  We found several recipes, each one of them different.  They ranged from 3 ingredients to 8 or 9.   Apparently, this soup originated from Disneyland and is Cinderella's favorite dish.  Instead of following one recipe, I decided to combine a few of them to make mine.  I was quite pleased with the results.  When I think of soup, it's usually something warm and cheesy. =)  This is neither.  If you want something new to do with strawberries, definitely give this a whirl!

Strawberry Soup
1 c. pureed (almost liquefied) strawberries (this was about 1 container with a few left to snack on)
1/2 c. orange juice
1 c. vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. ginger and a dash of cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend thoroughly.  Chill before serving.  Serve with a dollop of whip cream on top. (I didn't have any whip cream but I know it would be amazing swirled in)
If you're not a huge fan of cinnamon or ginger, feel free to leave it out and it will still be delicious!


What to do with the leftovers, if you have any?  Make popsicles!!!!  Especially now that summer is upon us and the temps are heating up.  These are like a frozen yogurt type popsicle.  Yum!!!!!!!

Now you don't need to go to Disneyland to enjoy =)



Joined Craft-o-maniac monday link party! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome!!!! Thanks so much.

Emily said...

That looks DELICIOUS!!! I've had pear soup before & I think fruit soups would be amazing for summer! Thanks for sharing =)