Thursday, October 6, 2011

DIY Thursday: Fall Wooden Blocks

I'm sure lots of us are going to have posts about crafts with the holidays coming up. I love fall and wanted to create a fall decoration to add to my collection. This craft is easy, simple, cute and fun.

You will need 4 blocks of wood, fall scrapbook paper, modge podge, and either vinyl lettering or letters you cut out of scrapbook paper. I had my husband cut me two 5 inch tall wood blocks from a 2x4 and then two 6 inch blocks. You will want to sand the edges of the wood to make it smooth. Paint the edges of the wood a color that will go well with the paper you have picked out. After that modge podge the scrapbook paper to the wood, then modge podge the letters on, then put on another coat of the modge podge over the top.




The finished product!





0 comments: