Monday, October 3, 2011

Munchkin Monday: Halloween Jar Candles

I love Halloween! There are so many fun kid crafts to make- including these darling painted jars from Family Fun! I knew I had to have my kiddo and I try our hand at these!

The first step is to collect all your supplies.
-clean empty glass jars
-masking tape
-acrylic paint
-paintbrushes


  1. Cut the masking tape into face shapes. We made jack-o-lanterns and ghosts- so we cut out a bunch of triangles and circles. 
  2. Have your little one help you apply the masking tape faces onto the jars. So easy, fun, and shapes are repositional if needed! 
  3. Your child can then have fun painting away! 
  4. painting is such hard work!
  5. Once the paint is dry, peel away the tape. 
  6. jars before the tape is removed
  7. Add a tealight inside the jar as a finishing touch, and you have a glowing masterpiece!

3 comments:

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

WOW! Super cute! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up. (http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-stop-thursday-party.html) Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

So cute! I think that will be our activity for FHE tonight!

Creative Cupcake Recipes said...

What great pumpkin jars. I think I will make them and place them on my deck with flowers.