Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes

A while ago, while blog stalking, I came across this recipe and have been wanting to try it.  The dessert genius at How Sweet It Is is the one responsible for it, I just made a few changes.   The main reason I wanted to make this is because the past few treats I've made have been ones that I like, but my hubby doesn't necessarily share the same enthusiasm for.  So I decided to make a treat for him.  Can you go wrong with a guy when you put chocolate and peanut butter butter together?  Nope! (at least not with my guy =)  ) Just fair warning...this cupcake will make any attempt at dieting null and void.

1 1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 tbsp. sour cream
1/2 c. butter, melted

Frosting
1/4 c. butter
1/3 c. peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 -2 c. powder sugar
1-2 tbsp. milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a bowl, combine sugar, milk and cream until creamy.  Add in butter and vanilla.  Add egg.  in a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda.  Add to wet mixture.  Mix until no lumps left.  Line cupcake pan with liners and fill each one 2/3 full.  Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Let cupcakes cool before frosting and filling. 

To make frosting, combine butter and peanut butter until creamy.  Add vanilla.  Mix in powder sugar until it reaches the desired thickness.  Let it mix for a few minutes until creamy.  If it's too thick, add some milk, a tsp at a time, if it's too runny, add some more powder sugar.

In the top of the cupcake, cut a small hole, about the size of a dime out, remove top.  Either using a decorating bag and a tip or spoon it, fill with peanut butter frosting.  Replace top of the hole you cut and cover the cupcake with frosting.  I don't like gobs of frosting and this frosted and filled 12 cupcakes, but if you are a frosting-aholic, double the recipe.

Combine 1/2 c. chocolate chips and 1 tbsp shorting and melt.  Drizzle over the cupcakes and enjoy!  Make sure you have a tall glass of cold milk handy, you'll need it



I’m Linking up to these Awesome Blogs!


Mrs Happy Homemaker

One Artsy Mama

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM! I so shouldn't have looked at this before dinner...lol. I'm so hungry and now I'm drooling. :) Thanks for sharing at last week's Shine On Fridays party; hope you'll come back tomorrow!

Six Sisters said...

Oh my goodness!! These looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday. We hope you'll come back. We would love to have you!!! :)
-The Sisters