Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY Thursday: Recovered Office Chair

So a couple of years ago, my sweet sister-in-law gave me this cute flannel fabric...

I pretty much dig skulls & loved that when she saw this that she thought of me =)
But what to do with it...that was the problem!

And then I thought of my ugly desk chair...
okay, so it's not too bad, but definitely a smidgen boring for me.

So I roughly measured the fabric, basically just cut it in the shape of the upholstery and added about 5 inches on every side to give me room to nip & tuck.

The top part of the chair I used a wooden spoon to shove the fabric in between the padding and the hard plastic back.  I didn't even have to glue or staple it.  It fit snug as a bug!

I took the arms off cause I didn't want them and they were kinda falling apart.  I then pulled my fabric tight over the seat and stapled underneath.  The bottom does not look so pretty, but who looks there anyway, right?

And Voila!!!!


It was super easy and gave my desk such a nice little bit of flare =)

Sometimes when I get creative, I just have to fly by the seat of my pants.  So don't be afraid to experiment, cause you might turn up with some flare of your own!


I’m Linking up to these Awesome Blogs!

0 comments: