Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wild Card Wednesday: 50th Birthday Party

My mom had her big 50th birthday and I wanted to make it a night to remember...and it was.

The color scheme that I chose for the party was a deep purple and black


The table settings were a fun display of purples and black


Raspberry Drink
{The recipe I found for this drink was only for one serving}
Ingredients:
3-4 raspberries
5-6 mint leaves
2Tablespoons simple syrup
1/4 c. cran-raspberry juice
2Tablespoons fresh lime juice(1/2 med lime)
1/2 c. sprite or club soda

Directions:
  • In a tall glass add raspberries, mint leaves (squish the leaves and the raspberries with the back of the spoon till they are combined, try not to rip the mint leaf) , and simple syrup.
  • Add cran-raspberry juice and lime juice and then fill the rest with sprite
  • Garnish with a lime wedge, raspberry and a mint leaf.
Simple syrup

  • In a small pan on med heat mix 1 cup sugar with one cup water stirring frequently until it begins to boil and sugar dissolves. Take off heat and allow to cool.
~Decorations~


These turned out really cute: Flowers made out of an egg carton.


 After you have them all cut out, spray pain them whatever color you want, poke holes in the middle and place on a strand of Christmas lights.

~Kid Entertainment~

I got these to keep the kids entertained while the adults played some games.
I found these glow in the dark balloons at Walmart.
They have a little light in them that last a few days. They were a hit with the kids.


~Adult Game Ideas~

I  found a game on the internet that had a list of things that have happened, like, "Do you remember Barbie's 50th Birthday?"  You went through the list and circled as many as you knew.  At the end, you added them up and whoever remembered the most was the oldest and so on to the the youngest.


Since it was my Mom's 50th birthday, we had to go BIG!
This was the highlight of the party, Wish Lanterns.  We bought these lanterns from Amazon.com.  They come in lots of colors.  They are my favorite. Cars kept stopping and asking what we were doing...cause they were so COOL!


We had 5 lanterns and had my mom make a wish every time we let one into the air.


~The Birthday Cake~


I covered her cake in white fondant and bought a small stencil and placed it on the cake and filled it in with chocolate frosting to get the design on the cake.

These candle are no ordinary candles; the flame is orange and blue.  I found these colored flame candles at Walmart.

You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:

3 comments:

Heather McMullin said...

You were the most visited post from my Famous Linkz Party last week. Congrats! I featured your Cookie Dough Truffle recipe at this weeks par-tay!

-Heather
@ www.made-famous-by.com

Roxanne said...

I love the flowers on the lights! Great idea:)

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

How sweet of you!! I know you mom loved it! The flower lights are precious! thank you for linking up to Uncommonly Yours! bonnie :)