Friday, March 16, 2012

Foodie Friday: Firehouse Pizza Copycat Pasta


I found this recipe for a copy-cat Firehouse pasta.  This is kinda like a chicken cordon blue casserole....only tons better!  Firehouse Pizza is a place we LOVED up in Logan, UT.  So when I found this recipe I was excited to try it out.  When I saw it though, it seemed lacking in seasonings so I added a bunch of stuff to it to add some flavor.



1 lb pasta
1 c. chicken, cooked, cubed
1 c. ham, cubed
1 1/2 c. milk
8 oz. cream cheese
2 tbsp. dried minced onion
2 cups swiss cheese, shredded ( I shredded an 8 oz pkg and used it all....but my family is full of cheese freaks so we use extra)
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. parmesean cheese
1/2 tsp oregeno
1 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasonings

1 c. dried bread crumbs
1 tbsp parmesean cheese(otptional)
3 tsp. Italian seasonings (optional)
1/2 c. butter, melted

Cook pasta according to directions.  Meanwhile, in a saucpan, combine milk, cream cheese, and onion.  Stir frequently until cream cheese dissolved.  Continue cooking and stirring for approximately 5 minutes.  Stir in cheeses and seasonings.  Stir in chicken and ham.  Put mixture in a 9x12 baking dish.


Sprinkle crumbs over the the top and pour the butter over top.  Broil until the top is browned.  Watch carefully, it doesn't take long.  Less than 3-5 minutes.


My family loved this!  Not a single murmer or complaint or "you should have done this instead."  This is very filling and serves a lot.  I seperated it into 2 8x8 dishes and froze the other for next time.....especially since they loved it we will eat it again...and again...and again.....and again.  I love that is has lots of flavor, but it is not overpowering.  Serve with some garlic bread and YUM!!!







You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: