Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wild Card Wednesday: April Challenge

For this month's challenge I (Trinity) wanted to change things up a bit. Instead of giving some object to everyone to make I gave everyone a recipe and told them they had to make it and use it with something. The recipe was for homemade crescent rolls. The rules were they had to use the whole recipe, no leaving anything out, but they could add stuff to it. If they only wanted to use half, that was fine since the recipe makes a ton. Since it was for homemade crescent rolls, they weren't allowed to cheat and go buy the canned stuff. I think a few of them weren't happy with me ;) But I am not a big crafter (I dabble in a few things) but I love to bake and cook, especially making things from scratch, so I made all of them go outside their comfort zones. I'm excited to see what they all come up with....especially the stomach part of me =)

Talented Terrace Girl #1
Danish Crescent Rolls

I think these turned out great, and I am excited for our breakfast tomorrow. So as you are reading this, think someone in the Terrace is eating them :)

Talented Terrace Girl #2
Cinnamon and Sugar Campfire Treat

  Want to have some fun this summer over the campfire????  This is one of my families favorites to have camping!
Talented Terrace Girl #3
Harvest Garden Squares

These are so delicious and refreshing! They are great to take to any kind of gathering such as summer BBQ or if you're like my family we usually serve these at our New Years Eve party. The great thing about this is that you can add or take away certain veggies to satisfy your taste buds! Vote for me and I'll share this yummy recipe!
Talented Terrace Girl #4
Cinnamon Crescent Rolls


I was probably one of the only gals that was excited to try this recipe out.  The great thing about it was the fact that I could make it in my bread machine.  I also was able to tweak the recipe & make it fat-free {except the frosting part}.

This recipe made 24 rolls, so I made half regular dinner rolls, and the other half....well I doused it with cinnamon & sugar & a yummy glaze.
These did not last very long in the house.
Talented Terrace Girl #5
Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-ups


I loved doing this challenge....the only part I struggled with was trying to decide which recipe to do.  I have a list a mile long of things I like to do with crescent rolls.  Did I want sweet and savory or hearty and filling?  I'm actually still trying to decide as I type this which recipe to do (I made a couple since I knew I would have a hard time deciding and there were a few I wanted to try out anyway)........but I think I will go with hearty and filling since it has gotten the most thumbs up from the family.  The kids wolfed down seconds (they are the perfect size for little hands) and the hubby even had some more a few hours later and said they were still great.  If you want a family pleasing meal......vote for this one to learn how to fill up those bellies!





You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:

0 comments: