Friday, May 18, 2012

Foodie Friday : Potstickers

I participate in a Freezer Meal Group {with a couple of fabulous ladies from this blog} and a couple of months ago, Emily made these delicious Potstickers. 


They were absolutely delicious, and my Husband & I scarfed them down.  I've been joking with Emily that she needed to make me some more, praising her in hopes of getting some more, but for some reason it hasn't worked.  And then I found out that my grocery store sells fresh wonton wrappers, so I bucked-up and made some of my own.


Now this is no quick process.  It takes some time to fill each wrapper & seal it....but it is all worth it!

 

I'm a healthy gal, so instead of frying this beauties, I cooked them up in boiling water {just like pasta}.  And to make it easier for the family, I tossed them in the sauce instead of having the sauce on the side to dip.

 

Add some steamed edamame & rice, and you've got the perfect Asian meal!

 

Potstickers
~recipe from Emily Robertson~


Ingredients {Potstickers}:

·          1 package of wonton wrappers

·          1 cup of thinly sliced & diced Cabbage

·          1 lb of ground Pork

·          2 tsp of minced Ginger

·          1 finely chopped Green Onion

·          1 tsp Salt

·          1 tsp Soy Sauce

·          1 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar

·          1 tsp Sesame Oil

Directions:

1.       In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.

2.     Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; fill a small bowl with water.

3.     Take your wonton wrapper, fill with 1 tsp of filling, and then use the water & your finger to wet the edges. Fold over to seal & pinch to keep it closed.  Place on the baking sheet.

4.     Freeze on the baking sheets for an hour or two.  Then either place in a Ziploc bag for further use or cook up.

5.      To serve my way, bring a pot of water to boil, and cook the pot stickers until then start to float.   Serve with the dipping sauce.

Ingredients {Dipping Sauce}:

·          2 Tbl soy sauce

·          2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar

·          2 tsp Brown Sugar

·          2 Cloves of minced Garlic

Directions:

1.       Combine all the ingredients in a bowl & refrigerate for an hour or two; letting the flavors meld together.

2.     Toss with the potstickers, or serve on the side.

You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: