Friday, May 11, 2012

Mom, Mommy, Mumsy, Mother, Mama, Modge, Maude, Wow...

We want to wish all of the mothers out there a very Happy Mother's Day this Sunday.
In honor of Mother's Day we thought we would share a little bit about the very special mothers in our lives.

Bonnie & Emily

Isn't she so cute????
I love my mom and wish that we didn't live so far from each other.  She lives in Southern California. Quite the drive for us.  But thankfully we can still text and talk on the phone often.  She knows how to make me smile and is such a great example to me.  If only I could claim to be just a great of mom as she is!  Happy Mother`s Day Mom!!!!!

Trinity's Mom (or as the kids call her, Nana)
I just realized that the only pictures I have of me and my mom together are from my wedding....8 1/2 years ago.....and they aren't on the computer.  She lives in Arizona so whenever we go visit I am taking pictures of her with my kids.  So here is my mom and my 2 rugrats =)  (Yes, I know, she doesn't look old enough to be a grandma but believe it or not, her oldest grandchild is 14 years old....my sister made her a grandma when other moms were still having having kids.....) One great thing about her being so young though is she always has the energy to have fun with kids and she is usually having just as much fun as they are.  My mom isn't the typical grandma either.  She is a Harley-Davidson riding, leather wearing biker babe. She has a Harley and loves to ride it.  My kids think it is the coolest thing that their Nana rides a motorcycle.  I love my mom =)



Teresa's Mom!!
This is the last picture I took of my grandpa before he passed away (2 months later), but lucky for me it was a 4 generation pic. That is my mom in her blue dress she is pretty darn fantastic. I think her and I are such amazing friends now is cause she and I used to travel all over southeastern Idaho and into Utah for all my soccer games. Lets just say when the 2 of us get tired we tend to get a little cRaZy!!!! My mom is very loving, generous, and patient. I can't imagine life without seeing her once or twice every month :) We tend to end up at each others homes often. Here are a few things we like to enjoy together: cupcakes, ice cream (Farr's Fresh!), eating out at restaurants so neither of us have to cook dinner,  soccer, projects, reading, games, traveling, sleeping through movies, shopping (neither of us really love to shop but we end up at stores all too often when we are togther), day trips, and really we just like to laugh and have a good time.

Tiffany and Cyndi

This is me and my amazing mom! I have a really close relationship with my mom. I see or talk to her every day and only live about 5 minutes away from her. I can't imagine life without her!She has taught me so much and is a great example of the type of woman and mother I hope to be.

Patti~Mom~Grandma Nelson

What can I say....I truly have one of the best Moms in the entire WORLD!  Not only is she my Mother, but one of my closest friends as well.  I am a very lucky gal.  I've learned so much from her, but one particular thing that I'm great at is baking bread....something I remember her doing as I grew up and to this day, she still makes the best rolls.  One thing that I'm grateful for is her teaching me the piano....boy has that skill paid off, and I feel very appreciative for being able to play.  I'm very lucky that my Mom lives "minutes" away.  I love how involved she is with my children, and how we can just "hang out".  I hope all that I've learned from her, I can pass on to my daughter!




Keri's Mom
I have always been a momma's girl! I am SO thankful for the many lessons my mom continuously teaches others about patience, endurance, and generosity. She had her hands full with a house full of dramatic girls (and thankfully one mellow son)! My mom has always had the upmost confidence and love for me. She truly believes in me! And that feels SO good! And she would do anything for me. For example, when I was a freshman in high school I was invited to a girls retreat at Bear Lake. I didn't thoroughly read the invitation and incorrectly assumed the time we would meet in Salt Lake for our ride up. Instead of letting me stay at home and be miserable (which she so easily could have done) she drove me herself- a three hour trip one way!! That is one of many examples of why I feel so blessed to have my most incredible mom!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Such amazing women all around!!!!!!