Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wild Card Wednesday: Puppy Themed Birthday Party


My little guy turned ONE this month and I usually throw a big party with the whole family to celebrate this big milestone. My little guy LOVES dogs! Like he will see a dog, any kind of dog, and starts laughing and smiling uncontrollably. It is the cutest thing ever!!! I thought it would be a lot of fun to do a puppy themed party for him since he is fascinated with dogs.

It is impossible to find puppy party themed supplies in stores. I could only find stuff online and I didn't really want to pay shipping and handling fees so I got creative and made my own stuff :)


Invitations: I made these with some stickers I got at Michaels and scrapbook paper. It says:
Join us for some Tail Waggin Fun
It's Grayson's 1st birthday
It'll be a dog gone good time!

 Welcome banner: I made this banner to welcome our guests

Doggie balloons: I should have probably gotten a close up picture of one of these, but I put several of these balloons up outside. I bought white balloons, drew a puppy face, and cut out black puppy ears and taped them onto the balloons.

Cupcakes: I made these yummy cucakes for all the kiddos. It a yellow cupcake with Teresa's chocolate buttercream frosting and sprinkles on top. I made the little cupcake toppers by taping a small square of scrapbook paper onto a toothpick and placing a sticker on the paper.

Puppy Cake: I made this 3D cake and I had so much fun doing it!!! It is a chocolate cake and has the same chocolate buttercream on it that the cupcake have. Everybody thought this cake was so cute! I will be posting a tutorial here in the next week or two on how you can make your own :)

The Serving Area:

Grayson getting ready to blow out his candle!!!!

Enjoying that cupcake :)


You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:













2 comments:

Mooners said...

I love that you used another recipe of mine! It looks like you guys had a blast!

stevenjared0853 said...

Oh my goodness!! This birthday party was such a blast. I am pleased that kiddos enjoyed a lot in party. This was best party within a budget. Brilliant work done by you dear! I am also finding some NYC venues for my son’s 1st birthday party. Could you share some suggestions?