Thursday, June 28, 2012

DIY Thursday: Fireworks Craft

Hey everyone it's Tiffany! So I saw a craft similar to this at Wood Creations. I got my inspiration for this craft from them, I just changed a few things. I figured I could make a similar craft for a lot less money!

What you need:
12 inch 2x4
10 inch 2x4
8 inch 2x4
scrapbook paper
mod podge
chipboard or wood stars
scrapbook lettering or vinyl lettering
paint
glitter (optional)


Step 1: Drill a hole in the center in the top of the blocks, sand and paint your blocks-one red, white, and blue


Step 2: Paint your stars. I did them white and then put silver glitter on them

Step 3: Cut out your paper and mod podge it onto the wood. Make sure to put a thin coat of mod podge over the top of the paper to seal it

 Step 4: Add your lettering to the stars and go over them with a thin coat of mod podge

Step 5: Curl the wire around a pencil or foam brush. You want nine curled pieces anywhere around 1-2 inches long

Step 6: Hot glue three wire pieces in the top of each block of wood


Step 7: Punch a hole in the stars and the wrap wire the wood, threading the star onto the wire. Curl the ends and wallah, you now have your cute firework craft!



Don't Forget to enter our My Memories Giveaway!  Giveaway will close Thursday June 28th, 10pm MST.
{Winner will be announced Friday, June 29th}




You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: