Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: No Bake Cookie Bars

No Bake Cookie Bars

My husband absolutely loves No Bake Cookies.
But lets face it, I'm lazy and I hate dropping them by the spoonful onto waxed paper.
Here's what I do:
Pour them onto a greased pan and cut them into cookie bars!!!
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Here is my recipe:

No Bake Cookies
1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 Tablespoons cocoa powder

*Mix these together in a saucepan.  Bring to a rolling boil.  Boil for 1 minute.
Stir in:
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 cups Quick Cooking oats
2 teaspoons vanilla

Pour into a greased pan, let cool & then cut into bars.

P.S. If you happen to run out of white sugar, & you are lazy, just use brown sugar.  It is still delicious & a little molassesy. (So not a word, but I don't care cause ya know what I mean)


You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: