Friday, October 12, 2012

Foodie Friday: Cheesy Tatertot Crockpot Casserole


My hubby was actually the one who suggested I try this out.  He was talking with some friends at work and he told me to find a recipe for it.  So find away I did.  This was super easy to do!  And it was super good!  My hubby inhaled his and then took some to work the next day and told me that this one was definitely a keeper.  The best part is the crockpot did all the work.  Love it!! This is definitely comfort food at it's best.

Ingredients:
1 (32 oz.) bag frozen tater tots
1 pgk. microwave bacon (or you could cook regular bacon), crumbled
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk
salt, pepper. and seasonings, to taste



Directions:
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.

Layer half of the frozen tater tots on the bottom of the slow cooker.



Sprinkle with 1/3 of the bacon pieces.
Now top with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.

Add diced chicken on top.  Season with salt, pepper, season salt, or whatever seasonings you want.


Now add 1/3 of the bacon pieces and another 1/3 of shredded cheese.
Put the rest of the frozen tater tots on top.
Finish with the remaining 1/3 cheddar cheese and remaining 1/3 of bacon pieces.


Pour 3/4 cup milk all over the top.
Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours.





I tried to get a good picture of it cooked in my crockpot, but the steam kept rising up and fogging the camera.  But believe me, it was great!!!  If you want to see some fabulous pictures, go to The Country Cook where I got the original recipe.  I added some onion to mine and my hubby suggested adding sour cream to it next time.  YUM!!!


This can easily be made in the oven as well.  To make this in the oven, spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
Layer ingredients into baking dish. Cover and bake at 350F degrees for about an hour.





You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: