Friday, October 26, 2012

Foodie Friday: Rich Dinner Rolls

 I love to make homemade rolls from scratch and this is an amazingly delish recipe! Don't get me wrong, I am a total fan of Rhodes Rolls, but every now and then I love to make homemade rolls. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make this dough into dinner rolls, sweet rolls, orange rolls, or breadsticks!

Rich Dinner Rolls
  • 1 1/2 milk, scalded
  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 2 TBSP yeast
  • 1/2 stick margarine or butter
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 TBSPS salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 5 cups flour
Directions:
Warm the mile and butter together in the microwave 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool a bit. Mix warm water sugar salt and yest in small bowl and let it start to grow. Mx water yeast mixture together with eggs and 2 cups of flour. Add the rest of the flur a lttle at a time alternating with milk/butter mixture. Let rise for 1 1/2 hour. Roll out on a counter sprayed with Pam. Cut and put on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Let rise 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. * You can do this all by hand or use a bread machine. I used my bread machine and just hit the dough button which allows it to mix and rise in my machine*
The dough after rising

Cut, formed into balls, and on the cookie sheet. This recipe makes around 2 dozen, but I like to make my rolls bigger so I got 1 1/2 dozen.

Once out of the oven, cut in half, spread on some butter, and enjoy!


You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:

a

0 comments: