Thursday, November 1, 2012

DIY Thursday: Gobble Thanksgiving Craft

Here is another cute craft from one of our favorite stores Wood Creations. I did this craft this past week with my sister and I'm really excited how it turned out! I don't have very many decorations for Thanksgiving so I'm glad to have this to now display! I totally spaced taking pictures while I was creating so sorry, you all just get to see pictures of the finished product.

What you need:
  • Wood Gobble kit from Wood creations
  • paint
  • modge podge
  • ribbon
  • button
  • scrapbook paper
  • colored glitter
  • glue gun
  • sandpaper or nail file
The finished product :)

Close up of the turkey
I painted him brown and well as the edge of his "feathers". I modge podged on scrapbook paper and then used the end of a small paint brush and made dots using the paint I used on the whole project. I glued on a button and bow to make him extra cute



The G, b, and L you paint, let dry, apply a thin layer of modge podge, and then sprinkle with the same color of glitter as the paint. After that you apply another thin layer of modge podge over the glitter which will seal the paint and glitter making it so now glitter comes off
With the e and b I painted the outside of the letters, then traced and cut the letters on scrapbook paper, applied a thin layer of modge podge, and then applied my paper. I put another thin layer of modge podge over the top of the letters to protect the paper. After they were completely dried I tied three different types of ribbon together on them to add an extra cute look!


You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: