Monday, November 12, 2012

Munchkin Monday: Thankful Turkey

I did this craft with the girl I nannied over a year ago.  I wish I had pictures of it, one because she is cute and two because she came up with the most sincere and cute things she was thankful for.  It was neat to see what this little girl was thankful for as she was really begining to understand being thankful. I think one of the things she was thankful for was her bed, her mom and dad, and playing outside. 

Since I don't have pictures of it.  I made my own.  I think the craft project would really make a good family home evening.  Have each kid make their own thankful turkey and come up with what they are thankful for.

I really need to think about what I am thankful for year round.  It seems its easy to do in November.  I am going to try and make it a goal to be more thankful. 

Supplies you will need
1. Paper plate
2. Toilet Paper roll (1 for each person)
3. kid paint.  I used orange and brown. 
4. Construction paper(Colors of your choice)
5. Elmers glue

Directions
1. Paint the tolet paper roll.  (I did mine brown.)
2. Paint the back of the paper plate.(I did mine orange and then I took a sponge and sponged on some brown.)
3. Cut out leaf shapes for the feathers.  Pick out what colors you want
4. Write on each feather what your thankful for.  (If you kid is old enough to write let him or her do so or help you kid if they can't write yet)
5. When dry glue the feathers to front of the plate so you can see what your thankful for.
6. add eyes, beak, etc to the body(toilet paper roll)
7. Glue body to the back of the plate where you painted.
8. Have fun and be creative







You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: