Friday, December 21, 2012

Foodie Friday: Raspberry Jello Pretzel Salad


We have this salad every year at Thanksgiving dinner in my (Tiffany's) family and have also had it at several other parties and special occasions. This recipe has been in my family for quite some time. I remember having this even when I was little. I know there are several versions of this salad out there, but I think my version is the best!

Raspberry Jello Pretzel Salad:
  • 2 cups crushed pretzels
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 3TBSP sugar
  • 20 oz can crushed pineapple
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 12 oz container cool whip
  • 6 oz raspberry jello or 1 container Raspberry Junket (Raspberry Junket can be found by the jello in your local grocery store. I use this when I make this recipe cause I like the way it sets up better.Plus it sets up a lot quicker than jello)
  • frozen raspberries
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Crush pretzels with rolling pin. Melt butter and then add sugar to butter. Pour over pretzels and mix. Press pretzels into bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake 5 minutes. Cool. Beat cream cheese and sugar together til fluffy. Mix in whipped topping. Fold in drained pineapple. Spread onto cooled pretzel crust. Dissolve jello in boiling water, add frozen raspberries. Chill til syrupy. If using junket prepare junket as for pie glaze. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refridgerate til set. Garnish with whipped cream (optional).


You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: