Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

I love to bake cookies and am always looking for new recipes or ways to change up my current recipes.  My hubby is a chocolate and peanut butter freak so these cookies are a frequent visitor to our house....and lucky for me he eats most of them so I don't have to =) The kids love them too!!  If you aren't a fan of peanut butter, you can sub in regular chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and even mint chips.  They are even good if you add some peanuts or cashews to them.  (I told you I like to change things up with my recipes and see how many variations I can do)


 Ingredients
  • 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup peanut butter chips
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a large baking sheet with non stick spray
  2. Place butter and sugars into a stand or electric mixer and beat until light and creamy, a good 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla mixing until well combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mixing to combine. Add chips and mix to combine. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet 1 inch apart and bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through.

Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies





You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: