Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Valentine Cookies

This is my ultimate favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe.  I wanted to make it a nice treat for Valentine's Day so i just added a few drops of food coloring to make it a nice pink.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1c. butter
1c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pgk vintant vanilla pudding (optional but it is sooooo much better with it! they are fluffier with it)
1 c. chocolate chips (or however much you want....I think I usually use about half a bag)

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla together.  Add in eggs and mix.  Then add in all the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.  This makes a somewhat stiff dough so sometimes I have to use my hands to mix the last bit of flour in.  Using a cookie dough scoop (I use the medium scoop from Pampered Chef) or a rounded tablespoon, place on a cookie dough sheet.  Bake for 8010 minutes.  Let them cool on the cookie sheet for about a minute and then let them finish cooling on a cooling rack.

You can add whatever colors you want if you don't like pink.  My kiddos wanted to make their own batch and choose their own colors:
I'm not sure how appetizing the purple and blue/green look, but they taste wonderful (of course I had to test a cookie from each batch)

You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: