Thursday, March 21, 2013

DIY Thursday: Dinosaur Hoodie

Since I made my daughter a tutu for Christmas, I needed to make my little guy something.  Since boys don't really do too much dress-up, except as super heroes (and I plan on making him a cape...maybe for his birthday if I can get my behind in gear), I had to find something else.  I also wanted something that would get a lot of use.  I came across this idea and knew it would be perfect. 

First, get yourself a hoodie.  I found a plain one at Walmart. 

Then cut out som diamond shaped scales.  You can either use felt or fleece.  I used fleece because I had this leftover fabric and I figured fleece would hold up better when washing.  Pin them into place.

Then sew them in place up the middle.

Then do a blanket stitch (I think that's the name of it) around the edges to close the sides together. 



Then viola you have your hoodie.  My little guy thinks he's the coolest thing now that he has dinosaur scales =)

You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:



0 comments: