Monday, March 4, 2013

Munchkin Monday: Rainbow Bunny cupcakes

I did an Easter kid craft day with my sister and I was in charge of the treat. I wanted something easy and fun for the kids. As I was perusing the Easter isle at Walmart I saw a kit to do bunny cupcakes but it was $5 to only do 6. We were going to.have a bunch more than 6. So I figured I could make my own.  First of all....I wanted bright and fun cupcakes so I made my cupcake mix as usual (I just used white box cake mix, nothing fancy) and.then divided the batter into several cups and mixed in a few drops of food coloring.


Then I just dropped a tablespoon of each color into each cupcake and baked as normal.

You can choose any colors to go with any theme you want. Then I needed to do the ears.  All I did was melt some white chocolate chips and pour it into lines on some wax paper to harden. For the pink in the ears I had some red chips I melted and painted on but you could use white chocolate tinted with color. For the eyes we used jelly beans and the nose was leftover red chips or you could melt it and make dots. We used Twizzler pull-n-peel for the whiskers. The kids had a lot of fun putting them together but I think they enjoyed eating them more because they were already eaten before I could take any pictures of the kids.

0 comments: