Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Snickers Cake


This isn't a new post but I decided we needed to revisit this recipe because it is sooooooo good!!  I made this after Tiffany posted it and I wanted to take the cake and lock myself in a closet and devour it all by myself and not share a drop!  But then I thought rationally and I decided I liked fitting into my clothes so I shared a piece or two =)  You really should make this cake....I think I might be making it again......


Hey all you ladies out there! If you are in need of a serious chocolate fix this cake is sure to satisfy those taste buds!!!


Snickers Cake:

1 chocolate cake mix
1 140z bag caramels
1/3 c milk
1/2 c butter
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 nuts, chopped
1 c shortening
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp butter flavoring
3-4 TBS milk
1 c mini chocolate chips

Mix cake according to package directions. Pour half of the batter in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Melt caramels, milk, and butter. Pour over baked cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Spread with remaining cake batter. Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. Increase oven to 300 degrees and bake an additional 10 minutes. When cool, prepare frosting. Beat together shortening, powdered sugar, vanilla, and butter flavoring. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Spread over cooled cake. Makes 18 servings.




You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: