Thursday, April 18, 2013

DIY Thursday: Beaded Decoration


Beaded Decoration
   Hey everyone this is Tiffany:) I had seen a similar looking craft on Joann’s craft store’s website and I kind of used it as my inspiration for this craft. It’s a little different and some of you may not like it, but I think it is kind of cool. This can also be found on Crazy & Cool with a side of Crafty.
                                                               
                                                                           
What you will need:
·         Brown beads ( I bought 2 different kinds)
·         Popcorn shell beads
·         Red beads (I bought 2 different kinds)
·         20-gauge brown wire
·         20-gauge gunmetal wire
·         A round rock with a flat base
·         Wire cutters


1.       Cut multiple brown and gunmetal wires about 20-25 pieces that are 35 inches long.
2.       Take a few pieces of wire and lay them out on your worktable. Place the rock directly in the middle on top of the wires and pull the wires up the rock so they meet in the middle. Keep these wires as tight and close as you can to the rock. Continue to add wires in the same manner, placing them in different directions.
3.       I ended up saving the wire pieces that were not as long and then I used those and wrapped them around all the wires as tight as I possibly could.
4.       Begin to place beads on your wires and fold down your wires at the end so the beads don’t fall off.
5.       Instead of putting beads on every single wire I saved a few  and curled them by wrapping them around a marker.

Tiffany
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: