Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Double Chocolate BananaBread

Banana bread is one of my most favorite things!  I can eat a whole loaf by myself....in 5 minutes....no joke.  So I am always looking for new varieties.  I have my tried and true recipe that was given to me by my grandma.  I always add chocolate chips to it.  YUM!!!!   Well....as I perusing the world of Pinterest, I came across this gem...Chocolate Banana Bread =)  I was instantly in love.  I had to try it.  




Double Chocolate Banana Bread
1 cup honey
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa (I prefer dutch process)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350. Spray bottom of 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.  Beat sugar, eggs, and oil in large bowl at medium speed until combined. Beat in banana and vanilla at low speed. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into banana mixture at low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.  Spoon batter into pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.

Next time I make this my hubby wants to use peanut butter chips instead.  He loves chocolate and peanut butter together, and he loves banana bread with peanut butter chips so he figures chocolate banana bread with peanut butter chips will be awesome....we shall see =)



You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: