Thursday, May 30, 2013

DIY Thursday: Homemade Garbage Disposals Refreshners

I hate when my garbage disposal smells.  It makes me wanna puke.  I always buy those disposal freshners but they can get kind of expensive.  I came across this homemade disposal recipe on pinterest and thought I would give it a try.

What You'll Need:
  • 3/4 cup baking soda
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon liquid dish soap
  • 1 lemon
  • Sheet pan
  • Parchment paper
  • Small spoon or scoop 
1. Mix the baking soda and salt in a bowl together.  Make sure to get rid of any lumps.
2. Then zest your lemon into the bowl.  After zesting the lemon cut in half and squeeze the juice in the bowl. 
3.  Add the dish soap

4. Mix the zest, juice and the soap together.
5. Scoop out using a spoon or cookie scoop and put onto parchment paper
6. Let dry overnight. When they are hard put in plastic bag or jar.

When you disposal is smelly grose pop on in and turn on the switch.

Notes: I like these alot.  They work well when you need to freshen your disposal.  I still really like the ones from the store better.  But I think I will be using these inbetween when the disposal isnt that bad.  The ones from the store really clean out your disposal. 

I also got lemon juice and dish soap happy.  I used two lemons and more dish soap which make it wet so they didn't harden.  I guess I should learn to follow directions.  I just love the lemon smell apparently. 

0 comments: