Friday, May 31, 2013

Foodie Friday: Chocolate Pancakes with Homemade Syrup

I am a total believer in breakfast and get sick if I end up skipping it. I get kind of tired of having a bowl of cereal every single morning so I enjoy switching things up every now and then. My kids really like these-especially my little guy which I was a little surprised about! The pancakes are not too sweet, but the syrup makes up for that :). The recipe doesn't normally call for chocolate chips, but I think the next time I make these I may put in some chocolate chips. Yum! See what your family thinks of these!


Chocolate Pancakes:

  • 1 1/2 C flour
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 6 Tbsp sugar
  • 6 Tbsp cocoa
  • 1 1/4 C warmed milk
  • 4 Tbsp butter or margaring, melted
  • 2 eggs, beaten
Mix and sift together dry ingredients. Add milk, butter, and eggs and beat until smooth. Add extra milk if the batter is too thick. Cook as you do regular pancakes. Serve warm with syrup.

Syrup
  • 2 C sugar
  • 1 8oz can evaporated milk
  • 1 Tbsp butter
Boil sugar and milk, stirring constantly until all the sugar is dissolved. Cook over high heat until the mixture starts to boil. Do not leave unattended as it comes to a boil quickly. Remove from heat and add butter. Let sit for 5 minutes. Stir and enjoy!


0 comments: