Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies



I wanted to make all three of my moms cookies for mothers day along with their presents.  Yes I have three mom's and I feel lucky.  I have my mom of course and two awesome mother in laws.  I also wanted to make a recipe I hadn't tried before.  I wanted something that I could use my vanilla that I got in mexico.  Yum! These cookies turned out great.  They were so soft and gooey.

Here is the website I got the recipe from. 

Ingredients
  • 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 & 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease or line baking pans.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Beat butter, cream cheese, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until almost combined. Add chocolate chips, stirring until dough is thoroughly mixed.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. (These cookies will not brown like classic chocolate chip cookies.)
Cool cookies completely on pan on wire racks

0 comments: