Friday, September 13, 2013

Foodie Friday: Pancake Muffins

My kids love to have pancakes for breakfast. Sometimes I am not in the mood to stand.in front of a griddle for a half hour waiting for pancakes to cook. Then I found this yummy idea. They aren't like regular muffins, put like pancakes in muffins shape :-) Plus they are nice that they can be finger food and dipped in syrup. Another great thing is it only takes 10 minutes to cook a dozen. And  I look for any excuses to use my Pampered Chef brownie pan.
1 c. Flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2/3 c. Buttermilk (add 1tbsp to milk if you don't have buttermilk)
1 egg
2tbsp syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla
Optional: Chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, peanut butter chips
Present oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the dry ingredients. Add in Buttermilk,syrup, and egg and vanilla.  Mix well. Spray your pan with non stick spray.  If you don't.have the brownie pan you can use a mini muffins tin or a regular muffin tin, just adjust the cooking time slightly.  Fill each well about 2/3 full. If you are using the brownie pan it Will make enough for 12, probably the same for regular muffins and with mini muffins it makes around 32.  Cook for about 10-11 minutes for the brownie pan, 8-9 minutes for the mini muffins.  Let them cool slightly in he pan before trying to remove.  Then serve and enjoy! My kids like to have a dish of syrup to dip theirs in. 
I always make extra and freeze them. They repeat great foe those mornings you are short on time but still want something other than cereal. Mix up the flavors of chips to whatever you like, or leave them out. I plan on experimenting and adding some bacon to them next time I remember to thaw it out....

0 comments: