Friday, December 20, 2013

Foodie Friday: Beef Stuffed peppers

I never had stuffed peppers until after I got married and decided to try some one night for dinner. I was skimming through an Eating Better cookbook I had bought in high school and decided to try this recipe out. I was surprised at how delicious they were. My husband especially likes these! These are really yummy, and a healthier dinner choice!



Beef Stuffed Peppers:
4 green, red, or yellow peppers
1 lb ground beef (the more lean the better)
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup uncooked white rice
4 Tbsp catsup, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano, divided
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can Italian style stewed tomatoes (I used some home canned stewed tomatoes)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut tops off bell peppers,  remove seeds. Combine ground beef, onion, rice, 3 Tbsp catsup, salt, 1/2 tsp oregano,  and pepper in a large bowl mixing lightly. Spoon into peppers. Stand in a 8X8 dish. Combine remaining catsup, oregano, and stewed tomatoes. Pour over peppers. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until beef is no longer pink and juices run clear.







0 comments: