Friday, February 7, 2014

Foodie Friday: Banana Applesauce Bread

So I have to admit I'm not too fond of bananas, but I do like me some warm banana bread with some butter on it. If I eat bananas plain the peel has to be bright yellow with no black on it. I'm weird I know. I just have a thing with textures and bananas fall into that category of food textures I do not like. My most favorite thing to do with those bananas that start getting a little too ripe for me is making banana bread with them. I have two recipes for banana bread that I really like and this is one of them that I thought I would share!

Banana Applesauce Bread




  • 1/4 cup butter, softenend
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large banana, mashed
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 16 oz can applesauce
  • 3 TBS buttermilk
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Cream butter and sugar. Add banana, eggs, and applesauce. Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix should be slightly thicker than a cake mix.. Add buttermilk and if too stiff and another tablespoon of the buttermilk. Pour into two greased loaf pans and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.When done slide a knife around the edges and invert. Cool on a wire rack.









0 comments: